ANB-India is in the process of finalizing the IIW-India’s Certification
Scheme for Welding Inspectors which has been prepared to meet the industries’ demand for certified welding inspectors at a standard level. Certified Indian Welding Inspectors (CWI) shall be tested and certified as per IIW-India’s Certification Schemes. The scheme is specifically designed for large number of experienced candidates who are conducting welding inspection functions without any formal recognition of their ability. The scheme provides an opportunity to assess and recognize the job competence of candidates through award of certification.
Scope of certification
: To certify a candidate with respect to his/her competency in carrying out welding inspection function in fabrication & construction industry covering the following:
a) Working safety
b) Review & preparation of required documentation
c) Inspection of weld joints before, during and after welding
d) Evaluation and acceptance of weld joints based on Destructive & Non-Destructive test results/reports
Job and task description
: The candidate should be able to carry out the following activities in an independent manner:
• Develop, comment and review quality control plans and inspection & testing plans based on product standards, codes, specifications, drawings and statuary/regulatory requirements.
• Verifying the compliance of raw materials & consumables, certificates against the applicable standards, codes & specifications.
• Witness procedure qualification test including testing of specimen and verify compliance with WPQRs, WPSs and Welders Qualification and approval of the same against applicable standards for conventional welding processes. (E.g. arc welding processes, steels, aluminium alloys etc.)
• Verify the compliance of PWHT procedures against the applicable standards.
• Take decisions on acceptance of quality documents related to welded fabrication (e.g. NDT, material testing, production testing, etc.)
• Take decisions based on quality documents (e.g. NDT, Material Testing, production testing, etc.) according to the requirements defined for the construction
• Evaluation & acceptance of welded fabrication on the basis of DT & NDT test reports.
• Report on all the above actions.
: The candidate should be able to demonstrate appropriate level of knowledge & skill in welding inspection covering the following:
i) Codes and standards
ii) Material standards
iii) Conventional welding and cutting processes
iv) Welding procedures
v) Conventional DT & NDT methods
vi) Detection & interpretation of discontinuities through VT & PT.
vii) Interpretation & evaluation of RT & UT reports.
Required ability: The candidate should be able to comment & review the quality control documents viz. QAPs, WPSs, PQRs, WPQs, MTCs, DT & NDT reports and carry out inspection of welded fabrications before, during and after welding including PWHT as per the requirements of relevant standards.
A) The candidate should possess any of following combination of Educational Qualification and Experience as tabulated below
INTERNATIONAL WELDING INSPECTOR DOWNLOADS LINKS
||HS(With SC & Math)/IIT (Mech)
||7yrs Industrial experience out of which 5 yrs. in welding technology/NDT of welds
||5yrs Industrial experience out of which 3 yrs. in welding technology/NDT of welds
||BSc/Diploma in Engg./IWT,IWIP (C)
||3yrs Industrial experience out of which 2 yrs. in welding technology/NDT of welds
||2 yrs. Industrial experience out of which 1 yr. in welding technology/NDT of welds
B) The candidate should also possess the following minimum standard of vision acuity level:
i) Near Vision- Jaeger J2 or better with correction
ii) Color Vision- As per ISHIARS chart.
Required code of conduct
• Considering the importance of quality of welded fabrication and also the consequences of its failure, the candidate should have high level of integrity towards acceptance of the final product.
• The candidate should behave in a professional and disciplined manner which will not affect the safety and security of his fellow members associated in the manufacturing of the final product.
• The candidates behavior towards his/her superiors, peers and sub-ordinates should be in line with organisation’s protocol.